St. Mary School is fully staffed at this time.
Are you a dedicated and passionate licensed teacher looking for new and exciting employment opportunities? St. Mary Catholic School invites you to join our dynamic team of educators committed to fostering academic excellence, character development, and faith-based learning. At St. Mary, we believe in the transformative power of education, and our teachers play a pivotal role in shaping the future. We offer a supportive and collaborative work environment where innovation is celebrated, and professional growth is encouraged. If you're ready to inspire young minds, make a meaningful impact, and be part of a warm and welcoming community, we encourage you to reach out to us. Explore the rewarding career possibilities that await you at St. Mary Catholic School and become a vital part of our educational journey. Your passion and expertise are the keys to unlocking a world of opportunities for our students.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Accept the mission of the school as articulated at the diocesan and school level.
- Implement the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school.
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential.
- Perform professional responsibilities including but not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communication with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Serve as a missionary disciple and serve the students and faculty in creating missionary disciples within our school community.
- Minimum level of Education: Degree in Education, ideally with a specialization in Elementary Education.
- Valid North Carolina teaching license in content area (or in process)
- Practicing Catholic preferred.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.