Dear St. Mary School Families,
I hope that you were all inspired by the words and positive attitude of our Pope Francis during his visit to our country. Bishop Burbidge was able to join him in both D.C. and Philadelphia.
- Thank you for having your children (Grades 2-8) on time and ready for testing this week. Our 5th grade class will still be testing at the beginning of next week as they are taking the Iowa Test and CogAt.
- Weather – As is stated in our handbook, we follow New Hanover County Schools regarding school closings.
- New Faculty and Staff – It is my pleasure to welcome Mrs. Jacqueline Parker as our new Physical Education/Health Teacher. She earned a B.S. in Health and Physical Education from Glassboro State College in New Jersey. In addition to teaching, she has experience coaching field hockey, volleyball, tennis, and basketball. She began her new position yesterday.
We also welcome Ms. Haleigh Rosier to our After School program as an assistant. Haleigh is currently a senior at UNC-W and has had much experience working with young children.
- Kindermusik – Our PreK students began their first class with Mrs. Errante on Wednesday. There are still a couple of spaces in that class if any other PreK students would like to stay for lunch and enjoy the class on Wednesdays.
- Chromebooks have arrived for Grades 5-8!
To help sustain the technology investment at St. Mary Catholic School, a technology insurance fee has been implemented. The fee of $17.00 will apply for the school year. All students must pay the insurance fee before receiving a Chromebook. This insurance is to cover accidental damage to the Chromebook while it is assigned to the student.
The fee can be sent in to the homeroom teacher. If writing a check, make it payable to St. Mary School., memo line – Technology Insurance.
Within the next 2 weeks, parent meetings will be held for parents who did not attend one last year.
Mrs. Joyce Price