Dec. 4, 2015
Dear St. Mary School Families,
I hope that you all enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday as much as I did. Thanks so much for the food you donated which helped create the 12 Thanksgiving dinners for Social Ministry families. Sr. Isaac sent out 105 baskets of food which fed over 650 people! All of the classes received thank you notes from their family. One of those was so grateful for being able to offer the traditional meal to their family.
Ms. Molly and Ms. Tammy took the PreK4 class to visit with Sr. Isaac this week. She showed them all the things she has to share with those in need. Sr. Isaac loved having those sweet children visit with her volunteers.
I have attached a wonderful Advent prayer that we shared at our faculty meeting this week. It was very meaningful to us as we enter this very busy season.
- As we only have 3 weeks of school between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacation, each class received their “Christmas Child” assignment this week. The staff will provide the Christmas meal for the family and the students will provide some of the children’s gifts. We are so blessed to be able to share.
- Our Knights of Columbus (Catholic Men’s Group) is sponsoring a poster contest (Keep Christ in Christmas) encouraging all of our students in K-8 to participate. If you would like your child to participate, please return the poster with the permission entry sheet by Dec. 15th. There will be prizes for the winners! Some classes may be making the posters in the classroom.
- Gym Floor – The news is great! A contractor has been hired and will begin work on February 9th. The project will take about a month of business days to complete. We were able to bypass the basketball season and needed to be within a 90 day window for the current quotes. Mrs. Parker and I will adjust the locations/classes for that period of time. All those who have helped to raise funds for this project over the last few years are playing an important role in the history of this school.
- Feast of Immaculate Conception, Tuesday, Dec. 8th – School Mass will be on this feast day, not on Friday next week.
- Thanks so much for keeping our arrivals and departures safe. Please keep drop and go lane open at lower school side of 4th(no parking until after 8) and refrain from bringing dogs to dismissal.
7 – Interim Reports (Grades 6-8) will go out today instead of Dec. 4th
8 – Feast of the Immaculate Conception, School Mass at 8:30
11 – No School Mass
12 – Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
15 – Knights of Columbus Posters Due
15 – Advent Program, Grades 2-8, 6:30 p.m. in Basilica
16 – PreK Advent Program, 8:30, Cafeteria
16 – Kindergarten and 1st Grade Advent Program, 9:00, Basilica
18 – Outreach gifts due in morning
Noon Dismissal – No After School Program
18 – Posada, 6-9:30, lower school courtyard – All Invited!